Hello and welcome to my first web page!
Slowly slowly it is growing ;)
AJAX functionality added to reload only contents of the page. This has fixed several problems in the page:
- youtube song restarting after navigating to next page
- resetting of theme
- Added a feature of responsive design: navigation bar moves aside in wide screens or fills a line over content in narrow screens.
- Themes listed in selector tag, instead of hardcoded buttons.
- Font size scaling with window width implemented.
- Minor bugs hunted down and cosmetic corrections applied.
By the way, here is an interesting article about nature of bugs: Joy of Programming: Why is a Software Glitch Called a ‘Bug’?
Tasks for future:
- implement structure for these posts, like in comments section, include dates also.
- As main page grows bigger, moving updates information into separate 'change log' would bring more order.
As mysql_* is deprecated since php 5.5, i decided to use PDO extension.
It resulted in shorter and easier to understand code.
Also moved posts from hardcoded 'home' page into a database. Implemented posts structure.
It was inevitable, that this site had to become responsive. Today I rewrote stylesheet and applied some media queries, so that now it can be viewed on mobile devices as well.
Still needs a lot of work to be done though.
Updated a lot of code and CSS. Might not look like a big change but a few bugs got fixed and code is more robust and maintainable.